Monday, October 31, 2011

Where Does the Time Go?

When I started this blog, my goal was to post a picture a day, then it became to post at least once a week... now I feel like I am clinging to the hope of at least twice a month. I often find myself wondering what happened to all the time in just one day, and now I'm wondering where October went. It is wild enough when the time flies by in your own life, but knowing that Austin is 10 weeks already makes my head spin...

Austin had his two month check-up and is growing like a champ. He also got his first mega-round of vaccines (double-legged war bandages pictured below) and was completely wiped out after that experience. His big brother Camden knew just what to do and snuggled up with him all afternoon.



Camden really is the sweetest... and now that he knows it is okay to get close, he can't get enough of Austin.



When we came home from North Carolina, we were greeted with the wonderful news that Nolan Vaughn made his appearance into this world - also on his parent's anniversary.
So, in sharing my enthusiasm for his arrival, I just had to re-post a photo of him to show off how cute he is! Austin cannot wait to meet him when we venture out west this winter. And we look forward to years and years of summer vacations together with the Vaughn family (*hint-hint Commander, let's make it happen).



After all of the initial travel surrounding Austin's first 8 weeks of life, we have spent the past two weeks enjoying being home. Puppy playdates, brunch with friends, football on the couch... it has been wonderful, but not especially exciting to photograph. Most of the pictures I've taken are just my infatuation with how adorable Austin looks just being next to me. Though he has recently learned that he has hands - and can grab stuff with them - which is so fun. It is amazing to watch his development unfold right in front of me!





We spent an afternoon with Alex, Aiden, and Chace - and Austin has definitely made a new friend in Aiden. He was entranced by this big kid who wanted to play with him. I can't wait to get them together again.



We also attended Sofie's 2nd birthday party and while the birthday girl partied herself out, Austin got to meet his great aunt Betsy and see Gigi and Gramps.



Oh, and how could I forget my favorite part of the last two weeks?! Lori came to visit and Austin got to meet another awesome "Auntie"! It was so good to spend some (long overdue) time with her. She was amazing with Austin - a true natural!



We can't wait to see her again - hopefully in December, along with a whole lot of other family and friends when we travel down to PA for the holidays. I will try to do better with posting between now and then...

1 comment:

  1. Wow. I was reading through this post looking at pictures and saw one that looked like Nolan. Then I realized it was Nolan! And how funny it is that the picture doesn't stand out too much vs those of Austin....all that red(ish) hair!

    Yes, we can make anything happen with summer vacations. And we will. It'll be much easier in 1.5 years though!

    ReplyDelete